A half-day (4-hour) Tour of a spectacular uninhabited island with amazing crystal-clear turquoise waters
Sifnos to Poliegos RIB Tours - Private Boat Rentals-Cruises
Here, you will find all the details you need to privately rent a boat to cruise around Poliegos, and enjoy a half day boat excursion to the biggest uninhabited island of the Cyclades.
we depart from the dock of Platis Gialos marina, heading southwest, and enter the strait of Kitriani-Sifnos. After about 8NM and 25 minutes, we reach the amazing island of Poliegos.
The word “Poliegos” or “Polyaigos” comes from two Greek words “Poly” which means “many” and “Aiga” which means “goat”, the island’s only inhabitants are wild goats, and plenty of them.
If the weather is appropriate, we stop to the open roof cave of Fanara with the crystal-clear blue water and the beautiful colors on the volcanic walls, you will be in absolute awe with this amazing spot where you can also swim if you wish and also take incredible photos sitting on top of the rock that lays in the middle of the cave.
We then head south, and we soon enter the bay of Faros (Lighthouse). There we can admire the much-photographed lighthouse of the island built in 1898 by the British and is still operational.
We anchor and you can swim there and enjoy the turquoise waters as well as the small lake that is attracting wild goats. If you have any type of snacks or vegetables or fruits, you can even feed the goats down on the beach since they do expect a treat or two! We can stay there for about 45 minutes.
We then head to the southern end of the island, and we pass the famous Indian totem looking rock and we turn southwest, if there’s north winds and the sea is a bit wavy, when we make this turn, the sea becomes absolutely still and turquoise because we ‘re now in the south part of Poliegos so we’re not affected by the north winds anymore!
We anchor at a magical secluded small bay that is ideal for snorkeling, with crystal clear waters. We stay there for at least another 45 minutes.
We then head towards the bay Kalogeroi. There are white and pink pebbles and beautiful rocks that surround the bay. We will soon enter the bay with the ruins of old mines on the island. We then head west.
We will see the rocks in the shape of sailboats and enter the caves with the boat to see the wonderful waters. The Sifnos boat rentals team will then take you to Poliegos beach where will anchor for another 20 minutes, the waters there are as turquoise as they come, you will think that you are in a swimming pool, simply unbelievable clarity and color.
We keep heading west and after about 200 meters there is yet another incredible spot called Blue Bay with the same turquoise crystal-clear waters, maybe the best spot of the island, but you will be the judge of that. We will anchor there for another 20 minutes and will then head northwest towards Myrsini beach which will be our last stop.
Over at Myrsini beach you will see many super expensive yachts because is definitely the place where the rich and famous like to drop anchor and enjoy the magic of Poliegos. Amazing waters and a beautiful white sandy beach where we’ll anchor for another 20 minutes.
We then head northeast towards Sifnos, till we reach Platis Gialos and finish off a simply incredible day full of memories that will last a lifetime!
- RIB Boat
- Fuel cost
- Skipper fees
- 24% VAT tax
- Water, Refreshments and Beers
- Snorkeling equipment
- Bluetooth audio system so you can enjoy your own music
- WiFi (depending on the boat)
- Skipper gratuities/tips (not mandatory)
- Sun protection is a must. Kindly use environmentally friendly sunscreen for the sea environment.
- Sunglasses are recommended as the sun is strong.
- Swimsuits are also a must, the more the better.
- Don’t forget to bring towels.
- It’s recommended to bring either a phone or a camera, the latter being the preferred option.
- Babies must be held on the lap of an adult.
- The activity is not appropriate for pregnant women, individuals with fear of speed or water, or children under one year of age.
- It is mandatory to remove shoes before getting on the boat.
- Adequate shade will be available during stops, but sun exposure is still possible, so it is advisable to bring and use sun protection.
- A towel should always be used when lounging on the deck or cushions of the boat.
Our cancellation policy for bookings made through our website is outlined below. However, in exceptional circumstances beyond the control of our guests, we may be able to offer more flexibility.
- Free cancellations can be made up to 30 days before the cruise date.
- If cancelling less than 30 days before the cruise, 50% of the total amount paid will be charged.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours before the cruise date will result in a 100% charge.
- Changes can be made up to 7 days before the cruise date without incurring an additional fee. If there is a price difference between the original and new services, the customer will be refunded the difference, subject to availability.
- The company reserves the right to modify the cruise route or cancel it if necessary for safety reasons, such as inclement weather. In the event of cancellation by the company, a full refund will be issued.
- The itinerary may be altered due to strong winds, and if the weather is not suitable for a specific cruise (such as the Round of Milos), a 15% discount will be offered. Passengers will be informed the day before the trip.
- The company also retains the right to cancel the tour due to extreme weather conditions, equipment malfunction, or any other reason deemed necessary for passenger safety.