An amazing (6-hour) tour to the best part of Milos, where it’s calm even if it’s windy!
Sifnos to South Milos Boat Rentals - Private Boat Cruises - Tours
Here, you will find all the details you need to privately to cruise with our RIB fleet in South Milos, and enjoy a 6hr boat excursion to the amazing southern Milos.
we exit the bay of Platis Gialos and cruise the strait of Kimolos-Milos, in about 25 minutes we pass the northwest cape of wonderful Poliegos island and head towards the southeastern cape of Milos Island and the famous sulfur mines, we reach it after about 15 minutes.
We anchor and can swim to the beach where we can visit the old mine which was operating until the mid-1950s. It’s a wonderful place and the scenery resembles a theme from Sergio Leone’s spaghetti western movies. The seawater is a bit yellow from the sulfur and they say that its very therapeutic! You can visit the old factory where the old machinery is still there. We can spend about 20 minutes there.
After we enter the boat, we head southwest towards Gerakas beach which is only accessible by a boat and it’s probably one of the top 5 beaches in the Cycladic islands. The water is simply amazing, and the vibe of the place is incredible. We anchor and we can swim for as long as you like, you can swim to the beach where you can lay on a very soft type of pebbly sand that you simply can’t get enough of it! Usually, we stay there for about an hour, but even more, if you like.
Afterward, we enter the boat and keep heading southwest towards Tsigrado beach, the only beach in Milos where people climb a big wooden ladder to visit it. Indeed, a special place. We swim right next to it, and away from the many people that visit the place, in a very secluded spot that fits just one boat and the water is so turquoise. We drop anchor and stay there for about half an hour.
After we enter the boat, we keep heading southwest towards Gerontas beach, but just before we get there, we pass a big cave which we enter with the boat and go all the way in. Gerontas beach has magnificent dark brown and very fine sand with many small “private” kinds of beaches throughout the left part of the beach and behind a big rock, where you can jump in the sea from. We drop anchor and can stay there for about another half an hour swimming.
After we enter the boat, we keep heading southwest towards the famous Kleftiko. This is one of the most photographed landscapes and is famous not just in Greece but worldwide. We can enjoy the grey-white rocks of strange shapes and formations, with incredible caves and cavities. We drop anchor in many different spots there and we swim and explore all the caves, where we enter from one location and exit in a different one! We stay at Kleftiko for about an hour and 15 minutes, taking in all the unbelievable beauty that nature created for us to enjoy. Of course, we use our masks and snorkels to explore all the caves!
It’s time to head back the same way we came from…
We head east and follow the shoreline, we leave Milos behind and over to the strait of Kimolos and Poliegos, then pass outside Psathi which is the port of Kimolos island and turn Northeast towards Sifnos so we can reach Platis Gialos and finish off a simply incredible day full of memories that will last a lifetime!
- RIB Boat
- Fuel cost
- Skipper fees
- 24% VAT tax
- Water, Refreshments and Beers
- Snorkeling equipment
- Bluetooth audio system so you can enjoy your own music
- WiFi (depending on the boat)
- Skipper gratuities/tips (not mandatory)
- Sun protection is a must. Kindly use environmentally friendly sunscreen for the sea environment.
- Sunglasses are recommended as the sun is strong.
- Swimsuits are also a must, the more the better.
- Don’t forget to bring towels.
- It’s recommended to bring either a phone or a camera, the latter being the preferred option.
- Babies must be held on the lap of an adult.
- The activity is not appropriate for pregnant women, individuals with fear of speed or water, or children under one year of age.
- It is mandatory to remove shoes before getting on the boat.
- Adequate shade will be available during stops, but sun exposure is still possible, so it is advisable to bring and use sun protection.
- A towel should always be used when lounging on the deck or cushions of the boat.
Our cancellation policy for bookings made through our website is outlined below. However, in exceptional circumstances beyond the control of our guests, we may be able to offer more flexibility.
- Free cancellations can be made up to 30 days before the cruise date.
- If cancelling less than 30 days before the cruise, 50% of the total amount paid will be charged.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours before the cruise date will result in a 100% charge.
- Changes can be made up to 7 days before the cruise date without incurring an additional fee. If there is a price difference between the original and new services, the customer will be refunded the difference, subject to availability.
- The company reserves the right to modify the cruise route or cancel it if necessary for safety reasons, such as inclement weather. In the event of cancellation by the company, a full refund will be issued.
- The itinerary may be altered due to strong winds, and if the weather is not suitable for a specific cruise (such as the Round of Milos), a 15% discount will be offered. Passengers will be informed the day before the trip.
- The company also retains the right to cancel the tour due to extreme weather conditions, equipment malfunction, or any other reason deemed necessary for passenger safety.